Basic RAW Modding Guides

ERI619

Administrator
Jun 4, 2023
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please know that you will need a hex editor for the following edits. Here is a hex editor, and here is some more.

-----------------------Editing Names-------------------

You'll need a hex editor for this. Start by opening XPKGui.30 (if you have no clue what this is, try the other guide).

Now use the drop down selector to choose the TF.xpk file to load. This generally contains all of the files that make up the text in raw. T F...text files, I'm sure you've caught on.

Once that's loaded up, select the CHARHEADER folder and highlight a file called charhead.dat, once highlighted select the "Export selected" button and put the file wherever you won't forget it - the desktop or whatever.

Now, open up charhead in the fancy hex editor of your choice and search for the wrestler's name whom you want to replace. Of course making sure that said wrestler is actually in your version of the game first.

Once you find the name, you will see four seperate entries of it. Just type over the name with the new name that you want and If the name is smaller than the orginal, just patch the rest of the letters with 00 on the hex side of the file. If you find the name is longer it shouldn't be a problem, but don't try to squeeze an entire family in there.

----------------Superstar wearing item to ring----------

The settings for this are also found in the charhead.dat file. Open it up much like before and find the name of the superstar you want to wear the swan tutu...or wear a belt or something if you're so inclined.

Once you find their name, look forward a little bit and you will come across something like this:

FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

The first 6 FF are for what they wear/carry in their entrance and the last six are what they will start the match with. Replace one of the first 6 FF with the code of the belt or item you want them to have. Here are the item codes you must use...

Click here for item List part one
Click here for item List part two Credit: UltimateWarrior (baal666 for the scans)

And just so everyone has the items in the right place, here are the FF's you must replace accordingly.

First FF - Items worn on the head
Second FF- Items worn on the face
Third FF - Items worn around the neck
Fourth FF - Items worn on the shoulder
Fifth FF - Items worn around the waist
Sixth FF - Items carried in your hand
*Rinse and repeat for the ingame section*

Time for an example! Let's say you want to give John Cena a chain, the WWE belt, and his hat in his entrance.

The chain, whose code is 07; will have to replace the third FF. His hat, whose code is 03; will replace the first FF. And finally his belt, which let's say is the WWE Title on the Hardcore title model, is under the code 1B and will rest on his shoulder - which means it goes over the fourth FF.

---------------------------Setting Pyro for Wrestler's Entrance----------------------------

Here is a list of pyro names and codes straight from Ultimate Impact. The name is on the left, and the code that you must use for replacing is on the right.

NONE,NONE
Sparky,bigs
Missile,dudl
Kane,kane
Shawn Michaels,kurt
Shower,chri
Chris Jericho,y2j
Batista,bang
Fire Wall,fire
Luminance Light,lumi
Shining Shower,show
Star Dust,star
Road,road

The pyro choices you have will actually depend on what patch you're currently using. Whilst the list above will work great with UI - it may not work as well with UltimateWarrior's Legend patch, for example. If you want to get a compatible pyro list for a patch besides UI, you can find the file in the ENTRANCE folder of TF.xpk under "HANABINAME.LST".

Going on, open up XPKGui, load up SF.xpk and look in the "SCN" folder to see the superstar entrance files. For this example we will take Kane and his file is called C004.WSB (c004 is his character code). Now export this file to somewhere on your pc and open it in a hex editor. Normally you would look for the word "NULL" at the end of this file, since that controls the pyro. But since Kane already has some; just look for KANE at the end of the file. Now simply change that to "kurt" to give him some stage fireworks instead. Now just save and re-import the file.

---------------------Transparent Pictures-------------------

If you find that on importing your select screen pictures have a pure white background, this guide will explain how to transparentise it. A pretty simple way is to just open a .dds select picture in Photoshop and go mad with the background eraser, but you can always just make a new transparent image instead. Paste the picture that you want in the game on the image and cut out the parts you don't want to be seen. Then you can save the file as
dds with the DXT3 alpha setting and no mip maps. Now just import it back where you got it from, and if you find you're having size-related issues; just save it as DXT1/1 bit alpha instead.

---------------------Changing Titantron/Music Names: Advanced territory! -------------------

This particular guide is written for the original WWE Raw framework and I have no clue how I would go about writing one for a patch. This just gives you the jist of how it's done anyway.

Open xpkgui, load the SF.xpk, proceed to the SCN folder and extract the wrestler you want to change the titantron of (I'll use Jeff as an example who is c016.WSB) Now open the file with a hex editor and after the number of the wrestler (c016), you should see "hardys" written. Not "mu_hardys" either, just "hardys" on its own. That name controls the file name for the titantron and what the game looks for.

Now just write over hardys with something else (let's say jhardy) since I think you have to keep the same length of letters. So after that just save the file and import it back. Now just get Jeff's titantron, make a copy and rename them each to jhardy_S.bik & jhardy_L.bik Then just put them in the Movie>Scene folder in the Raw directory and they should play.

Now if you want to change the music that plays during an entrance it's pretty much the same thing, only difference is that you change "mu_hardys" instead of the latter "hardys". With music I'd also suggest changing it only to other files in the BGM folder with no custom naming. You can have your own names if you want but you'll have to edit other files such as BGM_VOL.bin in the FDA folder of MF.xpk if you want them recognised.

----------------

Editing VS SCREEN MOVES (credit: gonzalo)

Open charhead.dat and look for the wrestler of whom you want to change the vs screen moves. Look for the word NULL. The space before that should have a number or letter (ie. 11, 02 or something) Now just replace that number with one of these numbers according to the one you want.

VS SCREEN MOVES NAME HEX NUMBER

TOUGH GUY 1, 00
TOUGH GUY 2, 01
CROSSED ARMS, 02
ANGRY STARE, 03
FLEXING, 04
CROSSED ARMS 2, 05
COLD SHOULDER, 06
PEACE, 07
LOOK AT ME, 08
CHAMPION, 09
CAMERA SHY, 0A
BICEP FLEX, 0B
FEMININE MUSCLE, 0C
FIGHTING POSE, 0D
POINTING, 0E
MARTIAL ARTS, 0F
DEL SOL, 10
NORMAL STANCE, 11
EXTREME, 12
IDOL, 13
DUDLEYS, 14
ICY HOT, 15
NINJA, 16
DEADLY FIST, 17
DISCO STUD, 18
TAJIRI, 19
MAGICIAN, 1A
ICHIBAN, 1B
KUNG FU, 1C
NORMAL STANCE2, 1D
I'M THE MAN, 1E
COME ON BABY, 1F

Model tips:

[*]Billy Gunn (C010) over Rhyno (C044). The H file MUST be smaller in Billy's file. L & M are optional but the model may screw up if Billy's L & M are larger than Rhyno's.
[*]Long Hair superstars cannot go over Short Hair superstars. Short Hair can go over Long Hair. Long Hair Can Go over Long Hair except Raven's Model which has a terrible and uncompatible haircut.

Finisher Change
Very simple, in your hex editor open finish.lst and just change the names whilst keeping the filesize even. You can also change lst files in Notepad if you find it easier.
Museum Stat's Change
In HEX Editor open handw.lst
In game
In-game Stat Change
Ok here is how I find it: I first open handw.lst and look what height and weight the wrestler has, as an example I take the rock, he is 06'05'' 275 lbs. Now I open charhead.dat and what I know for sure is that height and weight are always located somewhere near the FFs. Now if you look there you see 06 05. After that there is 13 01. I click on 13 01, go on tools and then decode number, it says 275. To change it just use a hopefully built in encode tool to find out the two two digit numbers that represent 275.

And of course the height doesn't require any additional decoding, you can just change it.
Ability Points
14 spaces before the FF's.
First 5 - Offensive Ability: Strike, Submission, Grapple, Acrobat, Roughhouse
Second 5 - Defensive Ability - Strike, Submission, Grapple, Acrobat, Roughhouse
Last 4 - Jump Ability, Move Speed, Power Recovery, Stamina Recovery
Just bring these up or down depending on who you're editing.
----------------------Changing Entrances------------------------- Credit: Tombstone
Extract all the SF.xpk fles using the extract all files button
Open the folder you picked to extract the files in
Open the SCN folder in there
Have your hex editor open
Next open the file of the wrestler's number (example: In the original game C000 is Rock and in Ultimate Impact c000 is John Morrison - make sure you know your numbers first.)
Next find where the guys' respective number is in the file like the aforementioned c000 for Rock/John
Next simply change it to the number of the entrance you want them to have. The default numbers are found a little bit below.
Now save the file,import it and you've got a new entrance.

Original entrance move codes. (They're mostly the same in patches)

Al Snow,c037
Albert,c036
Big Show,c007
Billy Gunn,c010
Bradshaw,c033
Bubba Ray Dudley,c014
Chris Benoit,c009
Chris Jericho,c006
Christian,c013
Crash Holly,c028
D-Von Dudley,c015
Eddie Guerrero,c024
Edge,c012
Faarooq,c032
Fred Durst,c011
Funaki,c031
HAKU,c041
Hardcore Holly,c030
Ivory,c034
Jeff Hardy,c016
Justin Credible,c042
K-Kwik,c038
Kane,c004
Kurt Angle,c005
Lita,c025
Matt Hardy,c017
Molly Holly,c029
Perry Saturn,c023
Raven,c018
Rhyno,c044
Rikishi,c008
The Rock,c000
Shane McMahon,c040
Spike Dudley,c045
Stephanie McMahon-Helmsly,c039
Steve Blackman,c022
Stone Cold Steve Austin,c001
Tajiri,c026
Taka michinoku,c046
Tazz,c020
Test,c035
Triple H,c002
Trish Stratus,c027
Undertaker,c003
Vince McMahon,c021
William Regal,c019
X-Pac,c043
Pumped Up,c150
Fighting Spirit,c151
Determination,c152
Mad Sprint,c153
Muscle Power,c154
Raw Cowardice,c155
Overshoot,c156
Gymnastic Prowess,c157
Rising Star,c158
Rhoenrad Master,c159
Lords of Puppetry,c160
Rigid March,c161
-----------------------Editing Names of Items----------------- Credit: Madhav

Open xpkgui. Now go to load and chose the IF.xpk file to load. Once loaded, extract the IT0000.ITH in the ITH folder to the desktop. Now open the file with the Hex Editor and search for the name you want to replace for the new mod. Just type over the name with the new name you want. If the name is smaller than the original, then just patch the rest of the letters with 00 on the hex side of the file. If it's longer then it's not a problem. Once you're done save and import this file.

----------------------Ultimate Model Sizes------------------------- Credit: Ultimate Warrior

A pretty nifty tool that makes all of the model file sizes equal. Found here.

----------------------Basic Guide For Texture Editing------------------------- Credit: KurtAngle212

1. Make sure you have either Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro installed

2. Download this DDS Plugin from nvidia: right here, and throw it in your plugins folder.

After you finish installing this plugin, extract all the TEX.xpk files and keep them in a separate new folder.

3. Start up photoshop, click "open" and then go to the new folder where all of the texture files should be, open for example the folder C000 which contains The Rock's textures. Now open one of them, for example the file "C000_TEX0100" which is his normal head.

4. If you want to see this file in an upright position, go (in photoshop) to:
"image"-->"rotate canvas"-->"flip canvas horizontal"

Then edit whatever you want there, but remember invert the options after you finish as you saw at section 4. Otherwise he will have an upside-down face and it won't be pretty

5. Save the texture as DDS and select no alpha and no MIP maps.

6. After you've finished, go to XPKGui and import this edited file in the same place you found it, and you've done!

----------------------Changing Entrance Lights------------------------- Credit: UltimateWarrior

Currently lost - contact a member of staff (Tombi may be free) if found.

----------Changing The Coming of wrestlers In a Title match - Advanced territory!-----------Credit: Madhav

Extract the ENEMYLST.LST file from The TITLEMATCH folder of TF.XPK and open it With Notepad.

You will see 6 lines in it. The First Line is for WWF Heavyweight Championship, second for Intercontinental Championship, third for European Championship, fourth for Hardcore Championship, fifth for Light Heavyweight Championship and sixth for Women's Championship.

The numbers in the file are the wrestler codes i.e. C000 = Rock, C001 = Stone Cold............ C046 = Taka Michinoku. But here you will not see C0's only the code so now it is 0 = Rock, 1 = Stone Cold............ 46 = Taka Michinoku. Now, you can change them according to your needs. And also the wrestler you want to appear last should be typed first.

But one more thing, you can see 0 in the first line, first word in the ENEMYLST.LST file i.e. The Rock, so he is supposed to come last in the WWF Heavyweight Championship. But it doesn't happen every time sometimes he can come before also. The order is somewhat randomised but it will always be just the people you selected that appear.

----------------------Updating Titantrons------------------------- Credit: Tombstone

RAD Video Tools] will be the tool of choice here. Just use it to convert any standalone videos you have of titantrons. You can get them from youtube, WWE.com, anywhere you like. Just make sure to keep the default scaling, resolution and stuff like that as seen in patches, so that you can keep the filesize nice and small.

----------------------Adding sound to bik video's------------------------- Credit: Tombstone

This is almost entirely redundant, but if you find that your videos are converting without sound in 2009 for some crazy reason feel free to use it.

Have the RAD video tools open
-Find where the BIK file you want to add sound to is
-Highlight the file and click "mix in sound" at the bottom
(YOU NEED A WAV FILE OF THE SOUND OR MUSIC YOU WANT IN THE VIDEO, you can record it yourself or find it somewhere.
-Find the wav file with the sound you want to be in the video by clicking "browse" right beside the "sound file to mix" box.
-Click mix, wait till it's finished and there will be a new bik file, the video with the sound you wanted!

----------------------Full WSB folder size------------------------- Credit: Ultimate Warrior

Currently lost - contact a member of staff (Tombi may be free) if found.

----------------------Further model swapping info-------------------------Credit: Ultimate Warrior

You need to edit the fml files BEFORE swapping.
The Rock fml files are linked to textures coded c000...., while Bubba textures are coded c014... . If you use the Rock fml files over Bubba without changing any code, you'll have a white wrestler because those fml files will not find any c000 texture in Bubba texture folder... What you have to do is hex edit the Rock's fml files, changing every c000 code to c014. After that you can import the edited fml files over Bubba. One more thing: the Rock model can be swapped only over long haired wrestler, cause of his elbow pad. Along with this you'll also have to edit the path that it uses to look for the elbow pad inside the model. If you swap him over Bubba, you'll always have white elbow pads...

----------------------Changing Resolution, yes; Advanced territory!-------------------------Credit: Mantic

Largely useless considering the bright sparks that are here, but worth keeping if someone, somewhere can get something from it.

Ok, so when I bought this game several years ago my machine wouldn't run it (crappy onboard video) so I set it aside and am only now finally on a machine that will run it. And the first thing that I see when I finally load up this game that has such extraordinary graphics requirements is a locked 640x480 (640x400 for bink movies). So, I think to myself... "what the... okay, where's my hex editor?"

Turns out it's pretty straghtforward to bypass, and I'll explain how to do it in a moment, but options are limited. Not surprisingly the fixed resolution is mostly due to a hard coded GUI -- a resolution independent scaling canvas would have required a few minutes of extra coding for the team porting the software to Windows, and that was just too much too ask. So, be aware, while it's pretty trivial to increase the resolution the change comes with some pretty nasty UI effects (that might be hacked around if anyone is obsessive enough to figure out the exact pixel locations of all the widgets and hunt down the references in the program).

Here's what I've found, and I'll put it here as a step-by-step:

Make a copy of your WWE RAW.exe file and rename it RAW1024.exe (or whatever).

Load the copy up in your hex editor of choice and hunt down/mark the following addresses:

-------CREDITS RESOLUTION

000023E1: 8002 --> ????
000023EF: 9001 --> ????

-------DESKTOP RESOLUTION

0000503D: 8002 --> ????
00005045: E001 --> ????

CANVAS RESOLUTION 1 (MATCH)

0000FC8B: 8002 --> ????
0000FC95: E001 --> ????

CANVAS RESOLUTION 2 (ENTRY)

0000FCA5: 8002 --> ????
0000FCAF: E001 --> ????

Those are the main addresses to change -- they are normally the (dword) values listed (640x400 & 640x480), but you can change them to higher resolutions:

800 = 2003
600 = 5802

1024 = 0004
768 = 0003

1152 = 8004
864 = 6003

1280 = 0005
1024 = 0004

As I mentioned, those above are the main canvas and dektop entries, but there are some others of less certain function. I believe that all the onscreen imagery is actually drawn to a screen buffer or offscreen canvas with it's own resolution definition (as a means of doing those naff afterimages they use to obscure the weak animation transitions, as well as the somewhat cooler lighting and pyro filters). I believe these first two entries apply to this offscreen drawing, and this other entry may apply to something I just havent played long enough to see... I dunno:

-------OFFSCREEN DRAWING? (match/entry)

0000FC4C: 8002 --> ????
0000FC56: E001 --> ????

0000118A: 8002 --> ????
00001194: E001 --> ????

--------REALLY DUNNO ????

00002784: 8002 --> ????
0000277D: E001 --> ????

You can safely leave those at 640x480 or change them to test results on your hardware.

In any case, because of the glitched/partial GUI scaling this is only interesting for high resolution screenshots of (for instance) arena mods or CAAW/character mods in action. Perhaps a better/more dedicated hacker than me will be able to improve matters.

-----------------Swapping Male Models over Female Models - Advanced territory!---------------------Credit: Madhav

There are lots of things to do to swap male models over female models. So read the Guide Carefully.

First Of All Ultimate Model Size (Made by Ultimate Warrior) should be installed because most of the male models are quite bigger in size than the female models. Now I assume that you have installed the Ultimate Model Size. Now swap a male model you want over a female model. For example I will use a Tajiri (C026) mod and swap it over Trish Stratus (C027). Swap the model files of Tajiri over Trish. And then install Tajiri's DDS Textures over Trish.

Now the next Thing is to open the charhead.dat file with a HEX Editor. Search for Trish. Just some spaces below the name, you will see Female0000, change It to Male0000/Male0001/Male0002/Male0003/Male0004 whichever you want and patch the rest of the spaces on the left hand side with 0's. This will make the Announcer to call your wrestler as 'Making His Way to the Ring' Instead Of 'Making Her Way to the Ring'.

After this just some lines below you will see Female0 (It's not necessary that 0 is there, it can be Female1, Female2 or Female3 for different female models). Change it to Male0/Male1/Male2/Male3/Male4/Male5 whichever you want and then patch the rest spaces with 0's on the Left Hand Side. Now your wrestler has Male voices (when being hit etc.)

Now just look 5 spaces before the Male* (Star is the number you typed from 0 to 5) you will see 01 on the Left Hand Side, change it to 00. Now In the Museum your wrestler will be posing like a Male. Then Change the Height, Weight, Name, Wrestling Pose (Before a Match), Ability Points, Entrance etc. yourself using the earlier guides. Finally download and install the Theme, Titantron and Announce Wave to complete and it's like he never had a vagina in the first place!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock